Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jailbird

Neve had her jailbird outfit on today...



..hopefully I have plenty of time before she wants to break free of me!

Neve and I went to a little grocery store down the street from us to pick up some food for dinner. Neve was getting a little tired while we were shopping; it was defnitely time for a nap. But when we left the store, a clerk held open the door for us and told Neve how cute she was and right on cue, Neve gave her the biggest smile (which she actually does quite a bit in public when people talk to her...she's a little ham). Not 5 seconds later, though, we got in the car and Neve gave ME the biggest yell. Not a cry, but a very distinct yell. I have to admit I was a little jealous at the smile the clerk had just received.

So, we hurried home for a nap and to make a 'sausage' bake and some blackberry cobbler...



My wife is a vegan, which can be challenging sometimes when we go out to certain restaurants. But it's crazy how you can turn most "normal" recipes into vegan recipes. Fake meat is available for almost any kind of meat. Soy, almond, rice and coconut milks can all be substitutes for dairy milk. And Smart Balance Light is awesome, I can't believe it's vegan (or not butter!). This is coming from the mouth of a newbie, but I think I'm getting the hang of vegan cooking just a little.

Doesn't mean I won't enjoy a nice steak every once in awhile when I go out...


Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment