Monday, November 7, 2011

Teething Maybe...

Besides being a stay at home dad, I also manage a few rental properties. Neve and I had to meet a city inspector this morning and thankfully the stair railing that we put up on Friday (and other projects that we've been working on) passed. Yay! Maybe I'll have to give my little helper a raise... maybe an extra 1/4 ounce at her next feeding. (Check out the end of my Poop Machine post for a picture of my little helper "hard at work")

Neve apparently was really happy to go to see the inspector. Don't worry, Mom, I strapped her in before we got in the car...



95% of the time, Neve is a PERFECT baby. She's all smiles and even lately, laughs. But she does have these random (as they seem to me) crabby moods. We had one of those moments today, where Neve cried harder then I've seen her cry when we've been alone together. I would almost call it her pain cry, sort of like a scream (I'm beginning to be able to distinguish between Neve's types of cries), but there didn't seem to be anything causing pain. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. So, I just sang her some songs and went outside (which almost always works) and eventually was able to get her to go to sleep on her swing.

Beth texted me that I should try letting Neve chew on a frozen towel. Beth thinks maybe Neve's starting to teeth. I've been feeling around Neve's gums and can't feel anything, but Beth thinks she may feel something. I did try the frozen towel after Neve woke up and she loved it! She got this fun, goofy look on her face that I tried to take a picture of, but don't think that I captured it...



I'm not sure if it was just something new for her to chew on or if the towel was actually soothing to her gums. Either way, she was digging it and I'll keep that in mind as a weapon against crabbiness.

Tonight, I will definitely try to come up with a tutorial for the "I Love Grandpa" inkjet printed and sewn onesie that we made over the weekend.

But you know how those best laid plans go...

Have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. 1. She was probably just happy that you got her out of pajamas today and into matching (!) clothes.

    2. She is crabby on Mondays. She misses the boob.

    3. What do you think will happen first-- you blog about the I love Grandpa onesie, or we clean up the supplies? I have my guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wally teethed for months before we saw any teeth...we never tried a frozen towel though...next time ;)

    ReplyDelete